Managing requirements is a program designed to cater to the long felt need of the industry to address issues in requirements management and build competency to manage requirements better. MUST program for those involved in developing IT solutions and those who provide IT requirements.
This is a program designed especially for those who are working with IT companies and interact with clients for eliciting requirements onsite or offsite.
Request more information
This is a program designed especially for those who are working in IT companies and interact with clients for electing requirements onsite or offsite.
The program focus is on
• Understanding the nature of the business need and their context
• Eliciting the requirements through interviews, focus groups, requirements workshops, prototyping, and observation and through surveys and questionnaires.
• Documenting the requirements
• Requirements analysis
• Prioritizing the requirements
• Tracing the requirements
• Modelling the requirements using different modelling techniques
• Reviewing the requirements with stakeholders
• Verifying and validating the requirements with stakeholders for quality.
Get to know the best practices in business analysis / requirements management domain and apply the learning to your work situation.
Practice real life case studies using templates and learn from practitioners.
Interactive program designed to bring better learning outcomes through experiential learning.
Apply the learning to your work situations and improve efficiency, productivity and quality
Qualitative improvements aimed from this course include,
• Make developers and business analysts understand the business content of the IT solutions.
• Understand the importance of requirements quality in the overall success of the project.
• Enable BA / Developers to conduct effective requirements sessions using different requirements methods.
• Document the requirements using best practice.
• Modelling using modelling techniques like use cases and process models.
• Validating requirements with users.
• How to avoid requirements re work at the later stages and improve the quality of delivery.
The course covers the entire areas of BABOK 3.0 version
- Introduction to business analysis.
- Business analysis planning and Monitoring (BAPM).
- Elicitation and collaboration.
- Requirements life cycle management.
- Strategic analysis.
- Requirements analysis and design definition.
- Solution evaluation.
- Underlying competencies and Techniques
1) Practice using real life templates and case studies.
2) 32 PDU’s from IIBA EEP.
3) Requirement management, BA resources and templates to help you put learning’s into action
4) Hard copy of requirements management best practices book with CD.
5) Hard and softcopy of articles and templates..
6) Access to high quality learner management system.
Prior working experience in IT development projects or as business managers preferred but not essential.
Introduction to business analysis
State of IT projects and success rates
What happens when software goes wrong?
How does a poor quality requirement affect projects?
Organizations with good and poor requirements maturity
What is business analysis?
Who is a BA ?
Bridging the business IT gap
Role of Business analyst and the Requirements engineer
BA and the PM
How to build a BA career?
Project management Basics
Plan driven and Change driven approaches
Rational Unified process
The organizational context of requirements
How does an organization convert strategy into action?
How strategy does gets implemented?
Business IT alignment
Balanced score card as a strategy tool
The system context and system boundary
Defining a business need and defining problem statements
What is a requirement?
What is a good requirement?
Requirements schema /hierarchy and types of requirements Business requirements, Stakeholder requirements, Functional requirements, Non functional requirements, Transition requirements , Business, Technical and design constraints
Solution scope, “In scope” and “out of scope” ,”As is process” and “to be process “
Creating a business case,
Components in a business case document.
Requirements sources and project triggers
Conducting stakeholder analysis
Planning stakeholder communication
Kano Model for analysis stakeholder needs.
Elicitation and Facilitation
The requirements cycle and the requirements pyramid
Problems is requirements gathering
Preparing for elicitation
Impact of missing requirements and missing stakeholders
How to reduce missing requirements?
Challenges in remote IT projects
Strategies to improve remote communication
Surveys and questionnaires
Asking the right questions based on requirements
Rephrasing questions for clarity
Selection of techniques based on the situation
Best practices in elicitation and conducting elicitation sessions.
Documenting elicitation results
Requirements matrix document
How to write text based requirements?
Common mistakes in requirements documentation
Managing requirements traceability and relationships
Specify and Model requirements
Requirements package and Types
Defining assumptions and constrains
Documenting business rules
Confirming elicitation results
Fine tuning requirements statements for clarity & Reviewing for linguistic clarity.
Requirements Analysis & Modelling
How does communication work?
Issues with natural language communication
Requirements analysis Introduction
Why do we model requirements?
Advantages of requirements models
Introduction to UML 2.0 & Major UML diagrams
Use case modelling and specification
Best practices in Use case modelling and specification
Introduction to business process management
What is BPM ? What is BP Modelling?
Why do we model business process?
Types of business process diagrams ,process charts, process mapping diagrams ,process hierarchy diagrams, decomposition diagrams,
Introduction to BPMN 2.0 .
Identifying stakeholder conflicts
Requirements prioritization & Basis of prioritization
Requirements review and structured walkthrough
Perspective based reading
Base lining and signoff
Managing requirements changes
Role of change control board
Determine business value
Issues in requirements management.
Requirements management tools
Requirements management software’s ( RM softwares )
Evaluating requirements management tools
•Content and sequence and case studies are subject to change based on time limit available and trainee.
Online and classroom topics may be different.
The teaching methodology is based on case studies, role plays, group assignments where participants learn from the instructor and from each other.
Our endeavor is not only help participants pass certification but enable them to build competencies and skills that can be applied at their work place.
The lectures are delivered based on the background, needs and aspirations of the participants to make sure that they meet their needs.
Our classes are highly interactive and based on experiential learning (learning from experience) . Participants can ask questions, request clarification or explanation when it’s needed and interact with a knowledgeable instructor who can help them understand concepts and terminology in terms of their own frames of reference
The class room sessions are used to explain difficult concepts, for practical learning, role plays, group assignments and team learning, personal interactions, replying to queries, having debates and points of views and all other activities that cannot be adopted in an online session.
Trainers provide feedback on assignments and better ways of doing things and this can be achieved only in an interactive face to face discussion.
1. The course is designed for IT professionals who want to move into requirements business analyst role.
2. The course will be helpful for those who are working as business analysts in IT companies.
3. Business Analyst from the software development industry.
4. Business managers who want to move to business analyst roles
5. Experienced business users or core team members working in IT departments as client side business analyst in IT projects, process improvement, transformation and strategic initiatives.
6. Product managers and business process owners and those interacting with IT development teams for development of IT solutions.
7. Project managers and CIO es.
8. QA/Testing professionals
9. Team leads/System Analysts /Developers who have to interact with clients.
Competency building program for corporates. Course duration 4 Days.
Please send your interest for corporate batches to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you with a customised offer.
IIBA PDU 32,
IIBA CDU 32
How do I apply for the CCBA/CBAP examinations?
First you need to check the examination requirements for each of these examinations and make sure you meet the minimum business hours requirements for CCBA or CBAP requirements. The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification is a prestigious professional designation from the International Institute of Business analysis (IIBA) a professional body of senior business analysts. The CBAP program is meant for senior business analysts who have a minimum of 7500 hours equivalent to 5 years of hands on business analysis experience. The CCBA program is meant for senior business analysts who have a minimum of 3750 hours equivalent to 2 years of hands on business analysis experience.
Certification FAQs links
- To access the CBAP handbook click here
- To access the CCBA handbook click here
- To apply for CBAP examination online click here
- To apply for CBAP examination online click here
- For Certification FAQs
Can I use the PDU received towards IIBA PDU requirements for applying for the CCBA/CBAP examination?
I am already a CCBA\CBAP; can I use the CDU towards my post qualification continuing development hour’s requirements for re-certification?
This course will count for 32 CDU.
Shivakumar Srinivas Reddy
Deepak Arvin Andrade
I passed my CBAP on the very first attempt and could not have done without the help of SkillCert Consultancy. I am really thankful to Skillcert consultancy for their continual support and I wish them a great success for their all future endeavors.
I really appriciate your help and thank you for your constant support. I studied entirely from lms and found it really helpful. Passed CCBA exam. Thanks for all the guidance.